Friday, January 27, 2012

ADD Humor


Attention deficit disorder (ADD) refers to a condition that interferes with a person's ability to concentrate and control impulses and behavior. Someone who has ADD is not hyperactive, per se, but will often experience difficulty sustaining a functional level of attention in performing... 


What was I saying? 






Oh yes, sustaining a functional level of attention in performing (and completing)...




Oh, that reminds me, did I tell you the joke about the millionaire who made his fortune in carrier pigeons? Guess how many he sold? Only one, but it kept coming back!  


Completing tasks or play activities. 






I love playing. 


Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) describes... 


a lot of kids who are bored out of their minds and frustrated with the contradictions they encounter between the real world and the outdated philosophies their parents don't question (and when they do, they blame and medicate the kid). 


By the way, isn't this a pretty picture? 




Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) describes a disability that interferes with a person's ability to regulate activity level, inhibit behavior, and attend to taks in developmentally appropriate ways. 


Perhaps kids just want to get through outdated information so they can play with their iPads. 





Now, what was I saying? 
Who cares, let me tell you what I'm thinking! 

Our present-day educational models are a bunch of baloney. 




It is said that the common characteristics of AD/HD include difficulty sustaining attention and concentration... supposedly people with AD/HD exhibit developmentally inappropriate levels of activity, distractibility, and impulsivity. 


Does anyone else think this is bunk? 
If you didn't finish watching this video earlier, here's another chance. 



And they give kids medicine for ADD? 




Seems to me like the people putting kids on medicine before reforming education are the ones who need medication. 







1 comment:

Edward Q McBeth said...

I've come to believe that having ADD is not a curse, its a gift. I feel it makes me more creative. Well, it does as long as its not suppressed by conformity. Too bad I had wait until I was a big kid before I learned....that life is too much fun not to make more mistakes!