Monday, May 16, 2011

Diary of a Bible

January: A busy time for me. Most of the family decided to read me through this year. They kept me busy for the first two weeks, but they have forgotten me now. 


February: Clean-up time. I was dusted yesterday and put back in my place. My owner did use me for a few minutes last week. He had been in an argument and was looking up some references to prove he was right. 

March: Had a busy day first of the month. My owner was elected president of the PTA and used me to prepare for a speech. 

April: Grandpa visited us this month. He kept me on his lap for an hour reading 1 Cor. 13. He seems to think more of me than do some people in my own household. 

May: I have a few green stains on my pages. Some spring flowers were pressed in my pages.
June: I look like a scrapbook. They have stuffed me full of newspaper clippings- one of the girls was married. 

July: They put me in a suitcase today. I guess we are off on vacation. I wish I could stay home; I know I'll be closed up in this thing for at least two weeks. 

August: Still in the suitcase. 

September: Back home at last and in my old familiar place. I have a lot of company. Two women's magazine's and four comic books are stacked on top of me. I wish I could be read as much as they are. 

October: They read me a little bit today. One of them is sick. Right now I am sitting in the center of the coffee table. I think that the Pastor is coming by for a visit. 

November: Back in my old place. Somebody asked today if I were a scrapbook. 

December: The family is busy getting ready for the holidays. I guess I'll be covered up under wrapping paper and packages again.... just as I am every Christmas. 
 






No comments: